Monday, June 29, 2009

Personal Statement

There are thousands of colleges that are in this country. There is only one me, and I have to decide where I want to go. I have had to find the college that have all of the features that will make me feel comfortable while away from home. One college that has caught my eye is Tennessee State University.
This school is located in Nashville, TN and is a HBCU (Historically Black College or University). This is one of the main reasons I want to go to this school. I've always been the minority, and I believe that if I was the majority, I would have more self confidence in myself. I have no family in Tennessee which makes me want to go there even more. I would love to feel like it's my responsibility to make a new life without any help from anyone.
Receiving a degree from this school would impact my life forever. I would not only feel proud of myself, but I would feel proud of being an African American even more than I am. A degree, in my opinion not only represents the classes that you take in college, but it represents how the four years of your college experience have shaped you. Being on that campus will make me have an eye opening experience that I won't have if I stayed on a campus where I would be the minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment